Nearby Attractions and Local Events
Althought there is plenty of recreation available right at The Cabins, there are also many local points of interest nearby, if you'd like to venture off our grounds.
- State capitol, leading shopping area in Central Maine, airport terminal, and famous antique shops
- Renowned Mayflower Hill, Colby College, Thomas College, churches, Mid-Maine Medical Center, bus and airport terminals.
- Quaint historic village, general store, church, most unusual library, antique shops.
- Five courses at Waterville, Augusta, Vassalboro, and Unity, all within a 30-minute drive.
- Summer Theatres
- Waterville Summer Music Theatre, Monmouth, Boothbay Summer Playhouse, and Lakewood Theatre.
- New England Music Camp
- Free Sunday concerts during July and August. Wednesday and Friday night recitals
- Short Drives
- Historic Fort Western in Augusta, Fort Halifax in Winslow, WW&F Railway Museum, the famous Skowhegan State Fair, the Windsor Fair, Common Ground Fair in September, Colby College Campus with Art Center. Free guided tours of local industries can be arranged.
- Day Trips
- Camden, Bar Harbor, Cadillac Mountain and beautiful views of the ocean, picturesque Boothbay Harbor with scenic island cruises, Rangeley Mountains, Moosehead and Katahdin Regions, Fort Knox, Fort Popham, Farnsworth Gallery at Rockland, Searsport Marine Museum, Reid State Park, shopping in Freeport (L.L. Bean and much more).